Friday, October 02, 2026

The Front Yard

Friday September 11, 2026

I think I have already talked about the chain of events that led to me completing a number of jobs that were not planned. Last February I was going to start extending my wall. Here it is eight months later and once again, I am ready to start extending my wall.
It was the big pile of rocks that had to be moved before I could work on the wall and Monday they all got moved.
With the plants gone, the stucco repaired, the drip system in place and the weed barrier in place we could move the rocks. Bishop Andrew (I’m still getting used to calling him that) brought the priests over on Monday morning (Labor Day) and in two hours we were done. It would have taken me two big days of hard labor to do that.
The rock only made it two thirds of the way around the front yard but that isn’t a problem because I will now be digging out the wall on the side of the house to extend my new wall. That means I will be moving a lot of dirt which means I will come across plenty of rocks to extend my rock bed.

No comments: