Friday, August 21, 2026

Grandpa's 85th - Little Qualicom Cheese Works

Thursday

Thursday was a rainy day, but we made the best of it. We decided to check out a small cheese factory that wasn’t too far away.
It was fascinating and I am impressed by how they have turned it into a bit of a show. It was cool to see how they made the cheese, but I wish they would show us more of the operation.
The best part of the visit was the milk dispenser. They have a sign posted showing what the milk fat is for the day and the milk that we bought was 3.9% fat. It was delicious.
The whole time we’ve been driving around we keep seeing "Piper’s Cove" on the map. We had time, so Justin and I figured we had to see it.
It was a beautiful cove, but it is was interesting to see how it completely empties out during low tide. I didn’t get a decent picture of the cove, so I pulled these two pictures off the internet.

--------------------trivia---------------------
33% of elephants in Mozambiques Gorongoas Park are being born without tusks. In some areas it is as high as 50%. Historically, only 3% of elephants were born without tusks. Evolution is in action to protect them from ivory hunters.
-----------------------------------------------

No comments: