Monday, January 10, 2011

What is that on the wall???

Boy do I have a lot to talk about. This weekend we went to our seventh tri-annual A. Q. Leavitt family reunion. The first one happened in June of 1998 when my Dad was dying. We knew he didn't have much time left so I decided to pack up my family and make a trip to Canada so we could see him one last time. When Dad heard we were coming he asked Jackie to encourage everyone else to come and camp out at his house. Nearly all of us were able to make it. We literally camped outside since Dad was way too feeble to have everyone running around inside the house but we all took turns going in to see him. He took each of us into a one-on-one discussion and talked about our goals and his expectations. There were probably more than fifty of us there including all six kids, their spouses, 33 surviving grand kids and their spouses where applicable.

At this gathering we realized that we needed to get together more often and we decided on every three years. This year we had our fifth reunion which means Dad has been gone for twelve years. I can hardly believe it has been so long. I'm going to post a detailed blog about this years event but all of Dixie's pictures (which I want to include since she took more pictures than anyone) are on my laptop which is with Lisa in Las Vegas.

Right now I wanted to share a bizarre mystery with you. I hesitate to share this since it is somewhat embarrassing but it is so weird I just have to. We left early Friday morning and got home Sunday evening so we were gone less than three days. Today Sarah was walking up the stairs and says. "What is that on the wall? No way, it's poop."

You can only imagine what I'm thinking, "Poop? On the wall? Naaaah!!". Sure enough, there it was, poop, stuck to the wall going up the stairs. It was too high to come from Sheba's behind so how on earth did it get there? It looks covered with cat hair and it is about that size so something very strange must have happened the last time the litter box got cleaned out. I wonder if I can leave it there until Lisa gets home?

--------------------trivia--------------------
Hydrocarbons turn out to be rather good at blocking radiation. It is quite possible that on a Mars mission the walls of the ship will be lined with their food. On the other hand they've found that feces can be easily baked into little tiles with which they would also line the walls of the ship. This means that they would fly to Mars in a can of food and return in a can of poop.
---------------------------------------------

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I have a feeling that there is NO way Lisa is going to let you leave it there till she gets home. LOL!

Peter and Mandy said...

Ewwww! I think you better remove it.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

that is for sure cat poop, but how it got up there is a little crazy to think about? the litter box isn't even close to that wall...?

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

p.s. maybe sheeba is taller then we though? and rubbed her little bum on the wall?

Lisa said...

Okay, that is disgusting!!!!!! That better not be there when I get home and the wall better have been disinfected. It may be time to get rid of the cat! GROSS!!! And I can't believe you posted that.