Saturday, November 22, 2014

Nostalgia

I am really trying to get my garage cleaned out. It seems like an endless battle because for every item that I throw out a new one seems to show up. It isn't getting any better but at least it isn't getting worse. The problem is that I am way too sentimental. Every time I open a box of stuff that needs to be discarded the stuff in the box brings back all kinds of very pleasant memories and I find it difficult to get rid of it. But how can I keep it all?

A good example came up the other day. I was going through a box and it was filled with items from when I worked at Kyocera. I had thrown in the box many of the phones from projects that I had worked on. I finally decided to keep one phone from each project and throw out the rest. This isn't all of the phones but it is most of them. Every phone in this project has key pads, batteries and connectors selected, qualified and/or designed by me. While I didn't design any circuit boards many of them have circuit boards fabricated at factories that I qualified. I have visited every factory where these parts were made all over Asia and in parts of Europe. You can imagine the emotions that these phones brought back to me. What a trip.

--------------------trivia--------------------
The last time the Chicago Cubs won the baseball World Series,
 the Ottoman Empire still existed.
And lollipops had not yet been invented. 
And women did not have the right to vote in the United States.
---------------------------------------------


No comments: