Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Memorial Day


Today was Memorial Day. I guess Ancestry is letting everyone use their military data bases for free this weekend. Lisa has been busy all weekend looking up the recruiting documents for all of our ancestors. She has found all of our ancestors who were in world war 1 but she hasn’t had much luck with those Canadians in the second world war. It looks like only the American soldiers are available. It may have to do with the fact that many of the WWII vets are still alive. Well maybe not many of them but still some of them are

.  
This morning I was planning on working for most of the morning and then Lisa and I were going to go do something fun in the afternoon. I did get some work done but eventually I gave up and went for a run. I ran through the tunnels and some of the Del Mar Mesa trails. I love those even if they do have a ton of hills.
This afternoon Lisa and I went for a walk along part of Lake Hodges. It was a beautiful trail and there were quite a few people out. We did our best to keep our distance.

----------trivia----------
France was still executing people with a guillotine when the first Star Wars film came out.
 --------------------------

No comments: