Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Who's Lonely?

I thought that with Lisa being gone for two weeks and me home alone that I would be bored and lonely and have all kinds of free time. I guess I was just kidding myself. I've set up a routine. The first thing I do when I get home is pick up the mail and go through it and some of the extra mail that I've let build up. I then put in a batch of laundry. I then make myself something to eat. I then Go through some emails and then I watch an episode of Star Trek and then, believe it or not, it is time to go to bed. Crazy. I don't even have time to be lonely but I really am. It is very quiet around this place with just me and the cat and the snake and the fish and turtles and their eggs.


I feel real bad because I've missed some very important milestones in my blogging and in my life. The first one was Lisa birthday. On July 5th we celebrated the nineteenth anniversary of Lisa's twenty ninth birthday. I wanted to do something real special for her but she is a very difficult person to surprise. The last three presents I've bought for her have been a total bust so rather than waste our money on something that she doesn't want or won't use I insisted that we go shopping together for something. Well in the end none of it happened. We actually had a wonderful relaxing evening. I came home from work early and we went out to Pannera Bread for a light meal. Most of our meals lately are just light meals. After a quiet and relaxing meal we went to a movie. She even gave up the movie that she wanted to go to so we could watch one that she knew I would like. We went to Transformers. 


So even though it is now two weeks late I wanted to just let everyone know that Lisa is now twenty nine for the nineteenth time. I love her with all my heart and I hope to celebrate her twenty ninth birthday for another twenty nine times.


--------------------trivia--------------------
A giraffe can go a week without sleep
----------------------------------------------

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Happy Happy Belated Birthday Lisa!!

Peter and Mandy said...

Aww how sweet. And happy belated birthday to Lisa. I love the 19th anniversary of the 29th birthday part.

Lisa said...

It was very nice and relaxing birthday. We will still go and get me something :) I do want the card though!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I wish I could go two weeks without sleep! haha p.s. happy birthday Mama :)

Kira said...

I wish I was a giraffe!

Landon thinks he is a giraffe!