My birthday this year had a definite Star Trek theme to it. This year is the 50th anniversary of Star Trek so there is a ton of memorabilia around and of course, my family knows that I love Star Trek.
- a Time Magazine special about Star Trek,
- a National Geographic book about the science behind Star Trek,
- a Star Trek hat with Spock ears on it,
- a Star Trek quilt topper to be made into a Star Trek blanket,
and three gifts not Star Trek related:
- a book of quotes for each year of your life up to 100 years,
- an inflatable chair that is quite popular lately,
- and perhaps my favorite gift, a picture frame.
Grandpa and Nana Shaw also gave me a gift that Lisa didn't bring to Calgary with us. These turned out to be some very cool Star Trek stamps
The quote book is pretty cool. The quote for when you turn 58 reads:
Fifty-eight is the porter's golden age, he is used to his lodge, he and his room fit each other like the shell and the oyster, and "he is known in the neighborhood."
Honore de Balzac, Cousin Pons
It sounds right to me.
The photo on the left is my picture frame from Alycia. Look at it carefully and tell me if you can figure out why it is my favorite.
They actually recorded a video of me opening the gift.
And after gifts we all got to eat cake. In the evening we went out for dinner to one of my favorite steak places - another gift. After dinner we then all went to a movie. I'll bet you can't guess what movie we went to.... you got it, Star Trek Beyond.
What a great day.