Saturday, June 23, 2018

Missing Lisa


This summer, for Lisa and I, is going to be spent apart. Last Thursday, June 14th, I took Lisa to the airport and flew her to Texas. Brandon and Serene made a trip to Egypt and Lisa is watching their kids while they are gone. Isn't she cute with all those little girls?
Next Wednesday, June 27th, I will pick her up from the airport and we will have all of Thursday together. Well, not really, since I do have to work that day and then that is our temple night, but at least we get to wake up together and go to bed together. And then Friday I take her back to the airport and send her to Calgary so she can help Kira with the kids at SMA camp.
Normally Justin goes to the camp with Kira and the kids but there is some event going on that he can’t be there this year. That is a lot of work for just Kira and her bunch. It is one thing when she can coral them all in the house but with all the events going on it would be easy for one of the kids to disappear. So Lisa will be Calgary until July 15 at which point they will fly her down to Utah.
On Wednesday, July 18th, I will drive up to Salt Lake City and give my wife a big hug. July 19th, 20th and 21st is our ninth triannual (sort of) A Q Leavitt Family reunion. Greg and Gaylia are hosting it this year and it will be held on the Green River up near the Flaming Gorge Reservoir. I am looking forward to it.
Sunday, July 22nd, after a relaxed Sunday morning we will head south. Probably overnight somewhere along the I-15 and get home Monday morning. Not long after that Lisa will start school again. I think we will plan a "get away" weekend some time in the fall so we feel like we had a vacation. 

No comments: