Sunday, June 24, 2018

Sunday School

For the last several years I have taught the ten and eleven year old boys. That would be the boys who were either ten or eleven and January 1st of that year. I also have the eleven year old boys in scouts.
With all the sexual abuse that has been in the new the church has had a two deep leadership policy in the scouting program. That means that you can never have one leader together with one boy.  The church expanded this policy to all their youth classes. That means all primary classes, whether they are taught by women or not, must have two teachers in the classroom.
About a month ago Todd Groesbeck and I were in our primary class and in comes Bruce Brittain. He had just been called to the eleven year old primary class. That confused me because it really seemed to be overkill to have three men teaching two boys. Well somehow I’d missed the memo. When we got into sharing time we learned that Lisa and I were now both teaching her class. Take about a difference in class dynamics. We regularly have five very sweet girls and one calm, polite and thoughtful boy. Talk about a dream class. I love those kids.
With Lisa out of town for a month and a half I now have one of the dads sit in with me. What a group of intelligent and respectful kids. Every one of them is very bright and all of them participate. The kids in the class are:
      Camille Gray
      Clara Morin
      Sean Johnston
      Kate Ryan
      Jack Knaphus
      Addy Proctor
I love teaching these kids.

No comments: