Sunday, March 19, 2023

Ministering

Today was an interesting day. Lisa and I currently have the best ministering brother that we have ever had. His name is Jeff Andrew and he jumps at every opportunity to help us out. He doesn’t just wait for us to ask but he looks for ways he can help us. Progress on my back yard has accelerated greatly since he saw what I was doing.

He doesn’t just come by himself either, his wife and kids have been here a number of times but he has also brought many of the youth in the ward as well.

As I’ve built the retaining wall I have been accumulating a huge pile of dirt that has been gradually taking over my back yard and when he saw that he emailed all the youth and this morning (Feb 20) I had a dozen or so kids show up.

It is winter break so they have no school and he figured that they would have nothing to do so they may as well be shoveling dirt. We were going to just dump it into the canyon but when Kyle Knaphus saw that we were getting rid of dirt he remembered a neighbor who was actually buying dirt. He contacted him and we hauled much of the dirt over to his yard. 




 

No comments: