Thursday, October 26, 2023

Recap

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Wow, what a wonderful, stressful, painful and glorious month this has been. I hope I can remember half of what has gone on. Let me try and recap, I hope I get the dates right and that I don’t miss anything.

Ben and his family arrived on June 8 and then they left for ten days in London and Paris while we watched their kids. This was a celebration of their 15th wedding anniversary. They returned June 16th.

June 23 Lisa flew to SLC to put on a baby shower for Princess Lisa, she returned June 26.

Kira and her kids showed up June 25th.

On Sunday, June 25th I got a message that President Isaac from the stake presidency wanted to meet with Lisa and I so we set up a meeting for June 27th. There was a lot of speculation within the family about who was getting a stake calling, me or Lisa. It turned out that I was called to be the second councilor in the Bishopric. Boy was that a shock to me.

My pavers arrived June 20 and I laid the last paver on June 28. My sod arrived June 28 and I laid the last piece of sod June 29.

I think Alycia and her family arrived on Wednesday.

Thursday Brandon and Ally flew in, and I think Trevor also flew in. Ben, Kit and Justin arrived late that day.

Friday morning, we had an amazing experience in the temple performing Lisa’s mother’s temple ordinances.

Around 5:45 well over 100 people started arriving at our house to celebrate Lisa’s 60th birthday.

July 1st Kira and Justin flew to Hawaii to celebrate their 20th wedding anniversary and left their kids with us.

July 2nd Ally & Brandon flew home, and Landon flew to Canada. Alycia and her family left for Legoland and Ben drove home.

July 5th we celebrated Queen Lisa’s actual birthday

July 7th Lisa flew to Texas to watch Brandon’s kids

July 9th Kira and Justin flew home

July 10th Justin flew home to Chandler

July 11th was our 42nd wedding anniversary

July 12th Kira and her family drove home

July 13th, today I am entirely alone and I’m quite enjoying it.

Now I will try and describe this period of time in greater detail. It was wonderful.

--------------------trivia--------------------
If you dug a hole to the center of the Earth and dropped a book down, 
it would take 42 minutes to reach the bottom.
-----------------------------------------------

No comments: