Sunday, March 22, 2009

Surgery

I am now pretty much recovered from the crazy and hectic last few days and I have enjoyed a wonderful relaxing sabbath day. My back is starting to relax after hauling that 300 pound astro jump to the front of the house and lifting it into the truck. Today was our ward conference and it was very good. Our former bishop is now our stake president and it was good to hear from him. He actually talked about Kira and Justin. The topic was "True to the Faith" and it was about not losing faith during hard times. President Ellsworth actually told Kira's story and mentioned how through it all she was able to see the good that came from it and how she recognized Gods hand in the events that took place. I've always been very proud of her but I was even more proud as I sat there crying. I also had another surprise in Sacrament Meeting. An old missionary buddy was in church visiting and I saw him for the first time in thirty years. We both look just a little heavier and a little older than last time we were together.

Tonight I'm going to get a good nights sleep because tomorrow I have finally broken down and I will get my knee surgery. I'm not expecting it to be a big deal since it is only a meniscectomy. Wish me luck, I'll let you know tomorrow how it went.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

That is So cool Fred! (The two surprises you received at church today.)

We wish you all the best during surgery tomorrow. Dean and I will keep you in our prayers and pray that all will go well for you.

Brandon J. Leavitt said...

well you know what I think about that surgery. I hope it works, though, so I can see you on Saturday.

Fred ... said...

I know there is no guarantee that it will work but if I don't do the surgery there is zero chance that I will run again.

Anonymous said...

Hope all went well with your knee.

Kira said...

thank you dad!

how did your surgery go?