Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bird of Paradise

This morning I received a text from Sarah telling me that she was at the doctor's office. Along with the text was a picture of this big stick poking out of her arm. She said that she had fallen down. It is pretty gruesome to look at isn't it? Luckily I knew that she was at a CERT training session and she was a pretend victim. I think CERT stands for "Community Emergency Response Team". She had sent the same text to some of her friends who didn't know she was at the training and they were pretty freaked out. Meanwhile I was at home mowing my lawn and digging weeds out of my flower bed. Summer is in full swing in San Diego and I really love being outside right now. One of my favorite flowers is in full blossom. The bird of paradise is a beautiful flower don't you think?
-------------------trivia--------------------
The average American today has half the friends than an average American fifty years ago.
---------------------------------------------































5 comments:

Lisa said...

That really does look real and I love working in our yard also. I especially love the smell of fresh cut grass and the lawn mower :) I think your trivia is sad.

Kira said...

I LOVE the bird of paradise!!!

That would be something that Sarah could manage to do by herself. No wonder her friends were duped :-) That looks so real!

Lynn said...

Ewww....gross! ; D

P.S. Love your trivia. I totally believe it. I don't see anyone desperately trying to "count" their friends then, like I do now.......as in Facebook. ; D LOL!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

The yard is looking great, esp. those birds of paradise in the front yard. Whenever I see that flower I think of you. Sarah's arm is nasty... she didn't send me a text, I would have flipped out!

Peter and Mandy said...

Almost fooled me...then I thought, who would take a picture of something nasty coming out of their child and not try to rush them to the emergency room?...needs some more blood gushing out and then could be a little more realistic...then I would probably pass out from the nastiness.