Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter Sunday

What a wonderful weekend. We spent the weekend with Vicky & Thomas McCormack. We drove up Saturday morning (traffic was horrible and it took us much longer than it should have) and Brandon & Serene and their girls joined us on Sunday morning. Thomas and I went and watched general conference and boy was it a good one. One of my favorite talks was given by an Elder Rasband who talked mostly about missionaries. I think I was drawn to his talk because of Alex's recent missionary call. I loved his description of how a missionary is actually called. Again Sunday morning we enjoyed two more conference sessions. It made it even more special because it is Easter Sunday today and we can celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I can guess we can celebrate the resurrection of our Lord any day but it seems more special today. Between conference sessions the kids had an Easter Egg hunt. Sydney needed a bit of help but boy was she excited when she did find an egg. As you might imagine, we had egg salad sandwiches for lunch. It was sure good to see the grandkids again and of course Brandon and I had a great time solving the worlds problems. Now if someone would just make one of us King so that we could implement some of these ideas. After the last session of conference we had a traditional Easter Sunday of ham. Is ham a traditional Easter meal? It seems somehow sacrilegious to have ham while the Jews are celebrating Passover. In any case, Vicky made a wonderful dinner of ham, asparagus, roasted potatoes, fresh carrots and peas etc. All of this was topped off with Strawberry pie for dessert. The only thing wrong with dinner was that I was so full it made it tough to stay awake on the drive home.

I am really quite disappointed today. I seem to miss all of the good earthquakes. Today while we we were within just a few miles of the devastating earthquake they had in Northridge several years ago San Diego felt a fairly significant earthquake they had in Mexico. I've lived here for eighteen years and all I ever feel is a minor movement where I'm not even sure I felt anything but we talked to several people who told us it was quite strong today. One person told us it even knocked one of the pictures off the wall. I was quite disappointed that I missed it all. We got home expecting to find our pictures all askew but they were all perfectly aligned. I hope that means that our house is built upon a good foundation.



Six people on a love seat. I guess that means that we love each other. It's pretty tough to see but I am buried beneath all of those bodies.




The "A" marks the epicenter of the 7.2 earthquake.



--------------------trivia--------------------
A cow can convert eight pounds of feed into one pound of meat. A chicken can convert 2 pounds of feed into one pound of meat.
---------------------------------------------

3 comments:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

ah wish I could have hung out with you guys this past weekend :)

Lynn said...

I am SO glad that I've never felt an earthquake.....not sure I would ever want to. HAPPY EASTER!

Peter and Mandy said...

We missed the earthquake too. We were driving at the time it hit. However we did feel a few of the aftershocks once we got home.