Sunday, October 03, 2010

Conference Weekend

I love conference weekend. It is so relaxing. I sit on my end of the couch right next to the open door to the backyard and I enjoy the sun, the breeze and the listen to the Lords prophet. It doesn't get much better than that.

It is good the weekend is relaxing because it has been a pretty stressful week this week. I won't get into why but lets just say that right now lawyers are very low on my list of favorite people. We've been working on a contract and finally at the very last minute (literally) we worked things out and all I can say is, all's well that ends well.

Friday Sarah had a cross country meet against Poway. It was a pretty tough race for her. She's been sick this week and actually missed two days of school. She hasn't practiced running with her team since Monday so she knew it was going to be a tough race for her. She finished last place but to her credit she ran the race. There were some members of her team who knew they would do poorly and didn't run at all. The race was at Poway Lake and it was very beautiful. It was tough for the runners though because there were many steep hills, it was hot and it was very humid.

I also went running on Saturday. The blisters on the bottoms of my feet peeled off last week. Remember, I got those when I went running barefoot with Brandon a couple of weeks back? It really does feel good to get back into running. Maybe now I can get rid of this gut of mine. I suppose it would help if I quit eating so much. I'm working on that.

4 comments:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

aw you and sheba look so comfy :)

Peter and Mandy said...

so relaxing, I like conference weekend too.

Lisa said...

even though it was relaxing I was still so tired.

Lynn said...

Ouch to the blisters!! Are you still running bare foot??

I REALLY enjoyed Elder Lawrence's talk. He was bang on with every point. I also enjoyed President Monson's talk on Attitude of gratitude. And then today Colby guided me to listen to the Priesthood session talks. WOW! Totally floored by President Uchtdorf's talk on Pride. AMAZING! Powerful message. GOod one in my books as well.