Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Happy Birthday Oreo

One hundred years ago today in a factory in New York City, the Nabisco Company started making the Oreo Biscuit. Since then nearly 500 billion of those little "biscuits" have been sold. Personally I've never been a big fan of Oreo's or for that matter anything chocolate. There are a few things "chocolate" that I like such as chocolate milk for example but not many. Just a few weeks ago Ben was here visiting and Mom and I decided to forgo her health food kick for the evening and we all went and bought one item each of our favorite junk food. Anyone who knows Ben will know that he loves Oreo's and has probably tried every variation (of which there are hundreds) of Oreo's made. On that night Ben taught me how to eat an Oreo properly. I think Oreo's may have now become one of my more favorite junk food items. Let me share with you how it is done.

1) Hold the Oreo in a glass of milk immersing the cookie half way into a glass of milk for about five seconds.
2) Let go of the Oreo and watch it float sideways in the milk
3) Just as the cookie is about to sink below the surface of the milk quickly grab it and shove the whole thing in your mouth.

I've uploaded a video for you just in case the instructions weren't clear enough.

Enjoy.

--------------------trivia--------------------
"Oreo” is the seventh most popular cat name in the United States, just behind “Shadow,” “Tigger,” and “Baby.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

Lynn said...

HA ha. Welcome to the Oreo Cookie club. ; )

To be honest....I only like no baked desserts with Oreos and oh my stars there has been a flood of them come in today on the net in honour of their 100th birthday!

Check some of them out. So good!

http://www.justgetoffyourbuttandbake.com/?p=940

http://www.justgetoffyourbuttandbake.com/

http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/easy-oreo-cheesecake-91896.aspx?cm_mmc=eml-_-rbecaen-_-20120306-_-1131&cm_lm=5F6301341AD15F3F270C99D3A8C82703

http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/cookies-cream-freeze-106330.aspx?cm_mmc=eml-_-rbecaen-_-20120306-_-1150&cm_lm=5F6301341AD15F3F270C99D3A8C82703

http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/frozen-oreo-rocky-road-133248.aspx?cm_mmc=eml-_-rbecaen-_-20120306-_-1156&cm_lm=5F6301341AD15F3F270C99D3A8C82703

Shyla Gray said...

You need to do the American vs. Canadian taste test. The American missionaries are always commenting on how different they are here. Sure enough they are different. I like things about both of them. Now if only the company would combine the best of both worlds we would have the ultimate OREO.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

You are too funny. I like dipping my oreos in peanut butter :) When I was younger I hated the chocolate outside part so much that I would just open it up and lick the frosting out of it hahaha. We are so alike when it comes to tastes etc. I think I got your tongue! haha That sounds funny, but you know what I mean.

Kira said...

I LOVE oreos!!!!! Have you had the birthday celebration cookie?? It's birthday cake and probably the BEST thing that I have ever put in my mouth!!!!