Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Temple and the Family Dinner

Thursday was another great day but a whole lot less intense than Wednesday was. I got up early to go and pick up the U-Haul truck. I took the truck straight to pick up the tables. Since everyone was home in bed recovering from the day before I ended up loading the tables by myself. I felt bad waking everyone. 

I then brought the truck home and filled every last remaining space with stuff Lisa had ready for the reception. I dragged Justin with me and we then headed over to the Stones home where the reception was going to be. Alex's Utah friends met us there and helped us unload everything. We then dropped the truck off and headed back home to get ready for the temple. Today was the day that Wendy went through the temple for her endowments. It was also the first time that I was able to see the new temple film. It is so much better than the old film. Adam and Eve seem so much more real to me. I love it. I know it seems funny that I work at the temple every week and I still haven't seen the film but I end up dealing with last minute emergencies all night and don't have any time to go through a session. I just need to start scheduling myself for a session once in a while. 

After the temple we came home and loaded up every vehicle we could and headed back to the Stones to set up the tables. While we were doing that Lisa and others (I don't know who) headed to the church to set up for the family dinner. We always like to have a family dinner because that is the only chance we really have to get to know our new in-laws. Things are way too crazy the day of the wedding and the night before is so much more relaxed. We had tons of spaghetti and garlic bread and spent the night telling fun stories about Alex and Wendy. 

After the dinner we cleaned up the church and then came home and played games until the wee hours of the night. By this time we had a very full house. There was Lisa and I (2) our six kids (8) their six spouses (14) six grand kids (20) and Grandma (21). Of course there was just no way that they would all fit in our home which seemed to large a week earlier but right then it felt very tiny. Several of our children were farmed out to good friends. I think I need a bigger house. 

Of course we couldn't just go to bed so we stayed up very late playing games until the wee hours of the morning. Alex was all worried about getting enough sleep so he bailed early. I love it when my family comes home and I'm not about to miss a single moment of our time together. There is plenty of time to sleep after I'm dead.

1 comment:

Peter and Mandy said...

Sounds like fun. If you ever need to farm family out we have two spare bedrooms.