Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Piper Pepper



Today I'd like to give a shout out to my daughter and her friends who wrote a children's book. I'm actually very impressed, the book has a little bit of everything in it.

First of all it is a cool little story about a Garden Fairy in a conflict with her three brothers who are toads. This may sound familiar if you know that Kira has a daughter and three boys.

Secondly, scattered throughout the book are random little pictures of plants and flowers that are native to Alberta. At the end of the book is a cheat sheet so you can go and find them.

Third is a challenge to look for the hidden lady bug (or is it a snail, I can't remember) that can be found somewhere on every page of the book.

On April 15th Kira and her friends will be launching their new book in the US. If you happen to be around Lehi from noon to 3:00PM you should drop by and join them. They will be doing a reading. I would love to sit and listen to Kira reading her new book but alas, I live about 600 miles too far away.

I've included a copy of the invitation below but let me summarize the information here.

Date:     April 15th, 2017
Time:    12:00 to 3:00
Place:    Margaret Wines Park
Address: N Center Street and E 600 N St
               Lehi, UT

Bagged lunches will be available as long as supplies last.

Books will be available for sale and can be signed by the beautiful authors.

If you want to learn more you can check out their website and Facebook page.

www.piperpublishing.ca

https://www.facebook.com/YYCPublishing/

Image may contain: text

If you can't make the book launch party you should go to her website and buy the book there. It is a pretty cool children's book. If you do buy it I know the author, I can get it signed for you.

Just in case anyone is interested in the real Pipe who inspired this book here is a picture of my granddaughter Piper Palmer. It looks like one of those "Toad" brothers may have punched her in the eye.














No comments: