Wednesday, October 19, 2022

The Crowleys

Recorded April 27, 2022

On Sunday, February 13th Alycia and her family came to visit for their spring break. We had a good visit. On that first day we all went for a short walk through my favorite running trails. The tunnels.





Mom did have a tough time walking however with two children clinging to her the entire way.











Sawyer helping me make lemonade from our delicious lemon tree.





Grandma reading stories and singing songs with the grandkids.

You can just see how much they love her.



On Monday Alycia and Trevor treated us to free tickets so we could go to Sea World with them. It was a lot of fun.






Of course we had to sit in the splash zone but we stayed in the safer part and we only got a little bit wet.  






On Wednesday Alycia and Trevor left us and departed for Disneyland. I went for a run and met this guy on the trail.

I was running up a hill and not paying attention and landed my foot within two inches of him. It startled both us and I jumped two feet to the left and he jumped two feet to the right and went rolling down the hill. He rattled like crazy which startled me even more. I’ve seen a few rattle snakes over the thirty years I’ve lived here but I’ve never heard one rattle before. This guy was probably the biggest one I’ve seen as well.

He looked angry and I was grateful that I didn’t get bit. It is hard to tell from the picture how big he was but I’m guessing that he was about five feet long and maybe 2 inches in diameter.

No comments: