Sunday, February 26, 2023

Book Ends

What a great weekend I just had. Wyoming is currently in the thick of winter and Sarah and Sam needed a break from the cold, so they decided to come visit us here in sunny San Diego. When Kira heard that they were coming she wanted to come and spend time with her little sister because it has been a long time since she’s really been able to do that. Kira and Sarah like to refer to themselves as the bookends since Kira started the family and Sarah ended it.

We saw Sarah in August but it was such a quick visit that the last time they’ve been able to really visit was Kira’s epic road trip a year ago. Kira arrived late Friday (February 3) and then Saturday morning her and mom headed to Hollywood to participate in a showing of the Masked Singer. From all accounts they had a great time. They left early enough to have lunch in San Clemente and check out some of the shops there.  

Meanwhile I was able to get a lot done in the backyard. I was hoping to get most of the electrical system wired in but as it turned out I had to remove all the plumbing valves so I ended up getting a really good start on the plumbing and the water but wasn’t able to finish either one.

Sarah and Sam arrived late Saturday night.

Sunday after church we headed to Sea World. They are having a Mardi Gras celebration and wanted to check it out. They had some pretty good shows. My favorite was a show with acrobats, jugglers and some girls walking on stilts. I used to walk on stilts and I’m pretty sure I could still do it but those acrobats were amazing.

It was a nice relaxing day and afterwards we went and ate at a very cool Mexican place recommended us by a friend of Sarahs. It was called La Cocina de Rosita. I had what is probably the best  Al Pastor Taco I’ve ever had.

Monday we went back to Sea World but this time to check out the animals. Sunday was all about Mardis Gras but they only have that on the weekends.  Before we went to Sea World however Sarah had to get a permanently mounted ankle bracelet to match Kira and Alycia.

Unfortunately all good things must come to an end and Kira headed back to Chandler yesterday morning and Sarah, Sam and Ezzie will head out tomorrow morning.

Today Sarah’s family went for a walk on Torrey Pines beach followed by lunch back at Rosita’s while mom and I had to work. After mom got home from school she went with them to go tide pooling. Once it got dark I met up with them for dinner at In-N- Out. It has been a great visit.

The baluga saying hello to Ezzie.


Petting the Sting Rays

The funniest thing happened at the whale show. They always have the whales go up the glass and throw water onto the crowds with their tails but this time the whale went up to the glass, stuck his tail in the air and then he swung his tail back and threw water all the way up to the walk way. I’ve never seen it go so high. He then proceeded to flip his tail extremely quickly for another dozen or so splashes. He was going crazy and it seemed to go on forever. I would guess he was getting about two flips a second. It was great and I’m glad I wasn’t sitting there.

No comments: