Saturday, May 22, 2010

Father & Sons / Prom

This was one of my favorite weekends of the year, Father & Sons campout. Lisa wasn't too happy that I went because it is our last weekend before everyone arrives for Alex's big weekend and she has about three weekends of work planned for me but I promised her I would take enough time off work this week for her to get most of what she wants done taken care of. Unfortunately Ben was finishing up his finals and he has a ton of work he needs to get done before he heads off to Mexico for the summer. That is another story for another posting. You can read about it here if you want. And then with Brandon interning in Utah for the summer it was just Alex and I. In the old days we used to go hiking but I think last year may have been the beginning of a new tradition. We went shooting. We had a ton of fun and we were still home early.
The problem is, this is also the weekend of Westviews Prom. Even though I was dying to get out into the back yard and make the place beautiful for Alex's big shindig, I ended up helping out inside the house getting two kids ready for Prom. Yes, you heard that right, both Alex and Sarah were going to Prom. But Alex graduated last year you may say and you would be correct but a good friend of Alex's had some complications with her plans and her date didn't quite work out. I have no idea what the problem was but Ashley's brother is good friends with Alycia and so he called up Alycia and asked if she thought Alex would take his sister Ashley to Prom. Alex would have helped out in any case but since him and Ashley were already good friends he was more than happy to go. He even asked her to go in a cool way. No one just "asks" people to prom anymore. You have to put on some big production and ask in a cool way. They had their pictures at 4:30 and that is a good thing because Sarah's pictures were at 5:30. It was quick but I was able to get a few good pictures of Alex and Ashley and then ran home to meet Sarah's date Alex. Yes that does make it a bit confusing having two Alex's around but we do OK.
As I said, Alex's pictures were at 4:30 so shortly after 4:00 he went and put his suit on, brushed his teeth and headed out the door. Meanwhile Sarah had been getting ready for several hours already. First on the schedule were the nails. Personally I think it is a huge waste of time and money to do your nails but my opinion is often not appreciated nor wanted. Sarah made sure I took the before and after pictures of the nails. I have to admit there is quite a difference.
Alycia wanted to be home to help Sarah get ready and to make her really beautiful. Personally I think Sarah was already really beautiful but Alycia wanted to guild the lily and it was actually kind of sad that Sarah had no sisters home to get all excited with her. Alycia actually tried to work her schedule so she could fly home but in the end she ended up called her good friend Sarah Borghei to come over and fill in as a substitute sister (it was also quite confusing having two Sarah's but again, we did OK). It was pretty cool. She did a great job too because Sarah was quite stunning.
The pictures were taken at Poway Park after which dinner was at Sammy's Woodfired Pizza and then off to Prom.
Please don't ask me what this picture is all about, I have no idea.
Sarah never could keep her feet on the ground.
Right now I'm sitting at home waiting for everyone to come home. I'm very tired and ready to fall asleep.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You forgot to mention our impromptu dinner date on our way home. It was a lot of fun also :) Both the kids looked amazing!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

They look GREAT! :) LOVE IT!
I really wish I could have been there for Sarah, but am so happy I could manage to get Sarah Borghei to help out. I asked her because she is not only my great friend, but knows Sarah from PQ Basketball.
They look so cute together, and Sarah just looked GREAT!
AH I wish I could have been there!!

Peter and Mandy said...

Sarah is so beautiful!!!!