Thursday, August 25, 2011

Javier's Having a Baby!!

I started working at Hi-Z in 1992 and the first person we hired after me was Javier. Javier and I quickly became very good friends. He has a very colorful past and I have encouraged him for a long time to start a blog and share some of his fascinating stories with the rest of us. He can go on forever. Javier is only a few years younger than I am so he is no longer a spring chicken and after being together for more than twenty years Javier and his wife still have no children and it isn't for a lack of trying. Imagine my surprise when he comes to work a few months back and tells me that he and his wife are expecting a baby. I was very excited and then I calmed down long enough to check and see if Javier was excited as well. He was and we've been talking about it ever since. Rosi comes from a very large family and she is the youngest of them all. Ever since the news her family has been coming from all over Mexico to celebrate with her. Javier finally decided to rent one of those places where you can invite all of your friends to watch an ultra sound on a big screen projector and he was kind enough to invite Lisa and I to join them. It was pretty cool. It was kind of like being in a movie theater watching the baby. I wish they did this when we had babies or even when Kira and Serene had their babies. So I would like to introduce you to Xavier de Jesus Valdez. Knowing his dad, this kid is going to be a handful. 

4 comments:

Kathy Marx said...

That is an amazing photo!!!! It's almost like a cloud of "hidden pictures"! Congrats to Javier & Rosi!

Lynn said...

What a cool and wonderful miracle!

Kira said...

I still get so excited when I think about this! I tell everyone about the good luck and fortune that has found Javier :-)

Lisa said...

It was very cool and what a blessing and miracle for Javier & Rosi.