Saturday, July 14, 2012

Wicked

Today was a very busy but fun filled day. According to the schedule I'm following for my marathon training today was an eight mile day. Sarah and I had decided that we would run to the beach but this morning she was suffering from a menstrually aggravated bout of IBS so she told me to go without her. Ben and Sharley were here last night however so Ben and I headed for Torrey Pines at 8:00 this morning. It still seems incomprehensible to me that I can run eight miles. Of course how can you complain about running eight miles when you get to end up here.

Running with Ben pushed me so that I miraculously ran a 9.8 minute mile pace for the entire 8.3 mile run. It is the longest I have ever run in my life and one of my faster paces. Unfortunately for Ben however it was probably one of his slower runs.  I felt bad for Sarah though. After we left she got up and made the same run but about an hour after us. That is a long way to run alone and even worse while you're cramping. Poor girl.

For our wedding anniversary Lisa and I bought tickets to the play "Wicked". This afternoon we went to that. It was a very good play and I really enjoyed it. We took Sarah with us and I think she enjoyed it more than either of us. She was very excited. 

We didn't get much work accomplished today but it was a fun day and it was great to see Ben and Sharley. 

----------trivia----------
The average house takes in more than 40 pounds of dirt a year. Most of this is either swept or vacuumed up from the floor.
-------------------------


























1 comment:

Lisa said...

It was so much fun to go with both of you :)