Saturday, July 21, 2012

Utah

Yesterday after work Lisa, Sarah, Alex and I all headed for Utah. Alex starts school two days after Sarah's wedding so we figured we would come now to take care of all the school stuff before we get  heavy into wedding plans. That way when we're into the wedding we don't have to worry about Alex. Just up from our house we turned the corner onto Sparren Ave and this is what we saw. That shooter in Colorado grew up just around the corner from us and when I saw all of the news vehicles and the helicopters over head my heart went out to his parents. So much tragedy all around.

We drove through the night and arrived at the Sanchez's at 5:30 this morning. We had four drivers so it wasn't so bad. After a couple hours of sleep we headed out to play. Lisa, Molly and Alycia went shopping and the rest of us went to the pool. We had a blast. The pool was entirely for play and we played until we were wrinkled up like prunes.



Today I was supposed to run ten miles but arriving at 5:30 messed up all the plans. By the time I woke up in the was in the 90's so I figured we would run late in the evening but then we got free tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choirs Pioneer Day. They had a guest star named Kathrine Jenkins. I've never heard of her but supposedly she's famous. Today I learned that my phone has a panorama function so I tried it out on the conference center. I like it. They would let us take any pictures during the show so you're stuck with this.



Unfortunately by the time we got home it was way too late to run. We are going to run at 6:00 Monday morning. It shouldn't be too hot then.

1 comment:

Kira said...

ok, sad I'm just getting to this but creepy about that shooter!!! So sad for his parents!