Sunday, September 11, 2022

40 Years


February 9, 2022

Last summer on July 11th Lisa and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary. I wanted to have a big party last summer but most of the kids would have had a tough time getting there so I conceded to having a big party at Christmas time when they were all going to be home. Well, for a lot of reasons  that never quite happened either so we ended up going out for a nice dinner with the kids who were there. No grandkids invited.

The restaurant was great but the view was spectacular. The weather also cooperated so we could eat outside and enjoy the view. It was a wonderful evening. 


Lisa gave me (us) a beautiful dandelion that had been plasticized and displayed in a jar. In case you haven’t read all of my journals I will point out that Dandelions are our flower.






Kira gave us each a hat with the "I love you" sign on it (our family sign) and Alycia gave me some gold cufflinks with rubies in them. Ruby is the stone for 40th anniversaries. 



The view was so spectacular that of course we all wanted pictures with the lights of downtown San Diego in the background.



No comments: