Tuesday, September 06, 2022

Andrea Bocelli

 November 2, 2021  

Our good friends from back in Rosemary, Rod and Joanne Dyck offered us four free tickets to an Andrea Bocelli concert in Salt Lake City. Rod’s sister has Lukemia and Rod is the only match to be a bone marrow donar so they have asked Rod to not travel until after the donation. Rod decided that his sisters life is more important that an Andrea Bocelli concert so they cancelled their trip to Utah and tried to sell the tickets. When the tickets didn’t sell they offered them to us because they didn’t want them to go to waste and they knew that if we couldn’t use them we would at least have family or friends in Utah who could. Lisa really wanted to see him and I always want Lisa to be happy so we booked some last minute tickets to Utah and off we went. We invited Sarah and Sam and they drove.

Samarah (that’s what we call Sarah and Sam) picked us up Friday evening and we spent the night at Sam’s sisters house Molly and Mahonry Sanchez. Friday morning we did some shopping, had dinner with Sam, Sarah and Ezzy and then we went to the concert. It was quite amazing.

I’m not a big music fan. I do enjoy it but I wouldn’t normally spend good money and time to go watch a concert but this one was defintely worth it.

I loved how he not only sang amazing solo’s but also brought in other famous performers. At least if they weren’t famous before they will be after this concert tour.

Here is a list of all the performers he had besides himself:

-        The orchestra

-        The choir

-        A female soloist

-        A male soloist

-        A female dancer

-        A male dancer

-        An amazing cello player

Perhaps my favorite was when his daughter came out to sing with him. Not only was she cute but she was also funny and she obviously loves her dad. To top it all off she was an amazing singer too. I imagine she will be a famous singer one day.







Usually when I’m at one of these kind of concerts I’m ready for it to end even though I enjoy them. That wasn’t the case this time. The guy received four standing ovations and came back every time. I was cheering him on along with everyone else.

1 comment:

Sarah Taylor said...

So much fun! And definitely a core memory for me! ❤️