Tuesday, March 25, 2008

i'm joining the trend

I've thought about starting a blog for some time now but since two of my children are now blogging I decided it is time to begin. Who knows how often I will actually do this but it doesn't hurt to try does it? For this first blog I think I will just introduce myself and my family. This year I will turn 50. I've never been fazed by the big milestones in the past (you know 30, 40 etc) but 50 is a bit different. I'm half a century old now and at this age you can't help but ask yourself what you've accomplished? I suppose my biggest accomplishment is in that picture to the left. I have nine wonderful children. Six that my wife gave birth to and three that have married the ones that we raised. I must apologize to Sharley since she isn't actually in the picture. Sorry, I will get a more recent picture. I think I'm going to keep the blogs short and try and do them more frequently.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey the older the wiser!
So glad your blogging!!

Anonymous said...

Fred you are a brave man, I still haven't got a cell phone.

Lisa said...

I love that picture of you in your hat!! I also like your background. It looks like you! Love you!