Friday, March 28, 2008

today we buried Jose

Today we buried Jose. Lisa helped plan the funeral and it went very well. The family asked me to give the opening prayer and they asked Lisa to give one of the eulogies. She did a very good job. Since it was actually Kira and Claudia who introduced our families Lisa called Kira and half of Lisa's eulogy was Kira's memories and the other half was her own. Many people told her how wonderful she did (I was the first to do so) and one man even told her it was the best eulogy he has ever heard. In the picture, Alex is the big boy in the middle, Claudia is on Alex's left and Rosario is on his right. The cemetery was beautiful and Lisa and I are thinking that maybe this is where they can bury us when the time comes. I always figured that I would be buried in the Leavitt plot in Cardston but after living here for sixteen years this has become home.

2 comments:

Kira said...

Thank you for this beautiful post. It helps me to feel a little more connected since I can't be there. It's hard to see them sitting there in front of his casket.

Tiffanie said...

Frederick,

Thank you for sharing your blog. I really enjoyed reading it and learning more about the Leavitt family. Keep up the good work. You are truly wonderful, amazing and inspiring people. I am sincerely grateful that you and your family have entered into our lives.

The Rizzo's