Monday, March 31, 2008

Kira has Bells Palsey

Wow, I was just sitting here thinking that finally my life is getting back to normal. Jose's affairs are taken care of, the kids are back in school and now I can just go to work and not worry about anything. I just got a call from Kira, for anyone who might not know, Kira (my oldest daughter) is the artistic one. She fell in love with music at a very young age and in sixth grade she was introduced to the oboe. She has excelled so well with the oboe that it paid for her way through college all the way to a masters degree at the University of Florida. She now plays in several orchestra's and teaches a number of students. In other words, her oboe is her life. So this morning she pulls out her oboe and goes to practice it but she can't get her mouth to grip the reed. This of course was a bit disconcerting so Justin quickly hauls her in to see the doctor and to make a long story short, she has "Bells Palsey". You can check the link for more info but basically, her face is partially paralyzed. It is usually caused by an infection and is aggravated by stress. Since Kira and Justin are moving to Canada this summer she has been very stressed. We are hoping that it will quickly pass but meanwhile she is missing her last big performances since she can't play. I'm sure Kira will appreciate any prayers and kinds words you can give her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about Kira's Bells Palsy. It will go away in time, but it's so hard to be patient. Where in Canada are they planning to go? Good luck. And by the way I'll have to challenge the most beautiful grandchildren. You'll have to see my 5 great grandchildren!! So nice to play with and not to be responsible for ! Have fun all day. Nola