Saturday, July 11, 2009

Twenty Eight Wonderful Years

Today is my wedding anniversary. Twenty eight years ago I knelt across the alter from by sweetheart and we made a covenant to share the rest of the eternities with each other. It was a promise that I have never regretted and every day I look forward to spending more time with my bride (unless she's going shopping).

This wedding anniversary is a bit of a downer though since she is presently six hundred miles away. We will do something to celebrate when she gets back.

Happy Anniversary sweetheart.

On a more solemn note, today was also the birthday of Abram Jones. Abram was one of Ben's best friends growing up and he was tragically killed a few years ago. Every year on his birthday Abrams parents host a barbecue at La Jolla Shores beach and all of his friends and family get together. They also have the blood mobile come by so people can donate blood. I had to go into work for a few hours this morning and then I headed to the beach. After hunting for parking for a half hour I finally made an appearance and made all the excuses for Lisa who is very faithful about supporting Abrams family. There were a lot of people there.

----------trivia--------------------
On average, women spend a year of their lives just deciding what to wear.
------------------------------------

3 comments:

KarinC said...

Happy Anniversary! This might sound silly but I like the sentiment: From A Greeting Card; "A Family shares the joy of memories and traditions, both new ones and the old ones, through stories that they tell-however many times they're told. As you and your children celebrate this day, your hearts, their hearts, your lives and their lives connect with kindness, respect, and love." Happy Anniversary.Families are Forever!
Love from the Cahoons in NY

Lisa said...

Love you! We'll celebrate when I get home :)

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I know this is late but Happy Anniversary! great blog (:
LOVE YOU!