Monday, October 14, 2024

Dad, Tell Me About the Time (41)

Wednesday, September 18, 2024

What is something your spouse does exceptionally well?

Lisa is very organized. She is a planner and whether we are going on a trip or if people are coming to visit us she has every day planned. She has plans for what we should do, where we should go and when we should do it.

Even though she plans every hour of every day she, is also flexible and understands that things change.

What is the most challenging obstacle you overcame together?

When I was laid off from Kyocera and went back to Hi-Z, our lives changed dramatically. Norb died and Hi-Z went downhill slowly but surely. Within just a few years my income was cut in half and my savings dissappeared. I should have bailed on Hi-Z but I was still hopeful that things would work out at Hi-Z. It didn’t. Within just a few years my income was cut in half.

Lisa and I faced this challenge together. I could have got a job in another city but we both wanted to stay in San Diego so I started a my own company and she went back to work. It has been a huge adjustment for both of us but we have seen miracles and we see the hand of God in our lives. It will be interesting to see where this all ends up.

What is something your spouse does that makes you laugh?

Lisa loves to try new things and will often come home with stuff that she just had to try. If Oreo comes out with a new flavor, she will buy a pack to give it a try and because we don’t want to eat the whole bag of cookies, she will give away the rest of the bag.
She saw cotton candy grapes and had to buy those (we did not give away the rest of the grapes, they were good). Last week she came home with donut peaches. They were actually quite good.
How does your spouse inspire you to be better?

Lisa lives her life in a way that I hope to be able to someday. She is always aware of other people’s feelings and needs and will often drop flowers off at someone’s house where she knows they are going through trials. Lots of times she doesn’t even know that anything is wrong but will feel inspired to stop by for a visit and learns that they are having a hard time.

Lisa’s prayers are very sincere and always about other people. She can’t see a problem and not do something to help. She will spend extra time at school and give up her own personal time to help a student. If she sees a student do something special at school, she will take a picture and send it to the students’ parents.

I can only hope to be that aware of other people and the trials and needs they have.

Do you share any inside jokes?

I’m sure we have a ton of inside jokes, but none are coming to my mind at the moment. Let me think on this and I will come back to it.

What is one thing you know about your spouse that no one else knows?

Lisa is a very open person when it comes to her feelings so she has few secrets. Most of the things I know about Lisa that no one else knows, are things that she wouldn’t want anyone else to know.

No comments: