Tuesday, October 08, 2024

My Kilt

Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Last week on Monday we took Kira with us to our dance class. She thought it was just as fun as we do. When we got there, Jodi took us over to a table that has clothing laid out on it. The clothing turned out to be all Scottish related and right on top was this beautiful kilt.
Jodi told us that the kilt belonged to a member of the dance club who was now so old that he could no longer participate, but he had a kilt that he wanted given to someone who would use it. Jodi said that the guy was tall and she figured it would fit me. It fit me perfectly.

She then started pulling out everything that goes with a kilt and that is a lot more than you would think. I had to look up the names of everything but here is what I got.

1. Kilt
2. Vest
3. Jacket
4. A big fat belt with a cool lion on its buckle
5. A sporran (the purse that hangs in front of the kilt)
6. Kilt hose (Socks)
7. Flashes (ribbons that hang on the kilt hose)
8. Sgian Dubh (a knife that you stick in your kilt hose)

All I need now is a black tie. I think they normally wear a bow tie but I might just go with a normal tie. So I just googled it and it looks like it is about half and half bow tie and normal tie and it also looks like a lot of them are wearing red ties. I think I need a new red tie.

-------------------trivia-------------------
Buz Aldrin was the first man to pee on the moon
--------------------------------------------

No comments: