Monday, September 29, 2008

Washington DC - day 1

It seems weird to start out my blog talking only about what happened today. I do think I will throw in random stories from my life's history now and again but this week I'm on travel so I'll stick to my trip. My flight didn't leave this morning until noon so I had a relaxed morning. I packed and said goodbye to Lisa and the kids and headed for the airport. I was almost there when I realized I didn't have my wallet. I had my passport in my laptop case that I could use for ID but I needed my credit cards to pay for the hotel room. I turned around and headed for home but I called Lisa to look around the house for it. When she couldn't find it I started to panic but to save time I asked her to print out my boarding pass. I knew that even if I found my wallet right away it was going to be close to catch my plane. Lisa and I talked once in a while about where to look for my wallet. Finally, just as I took my exit Lisa called and told me she found my wallet. It was on the floor beside my bed but kicked under the bed a little bit. I think I had set it on my pants when I got dressed and when I picked up my pants it must have fallen on the floor. What a life saver it was that Lisa found it when she did. Even still it was a race to the airport and I knew that if the security line was a long one I was up the creek. Luckily the security line was short and I got to my gate as they were boarding. I just walked on the plane and off we went. If she didn't print out my boarding pass and find my wallet however it would have been a problem. Thanks Lisa!!!

I finally got to "Breaking Dawn". I wanted to read it this summer when it came out but Sarah got first dibs. Lisa started the series this summer and finished the first three books before Sarah finished the fourth one so she bought a second book. It is a good thing because Sarah is still not finished her book. It took me so long to get to it because I got three books for my birthday and I wanted to finish them first. It was well worth the wait. It is a very good book.

I was supposed to be on a conference call with Taiwan at 6:00 San Diego time and I knew I would be a bit late tonight because my plane didn't land until 8:30 (DC time). Unfortunately the plane had to diverge around a storm in the midwest and landed late. I missed the call but as it turned out they didn't need me. It is now late and I need to get to bed but I have a big dilemma. I have the book "Breaking Dawn" but I also brought Peters DVD's with the entire first season of Heroe's. Do I read the book or watch the first DVD? I think it will be the DVD.

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh decisions decisions. : D

Glad you are going to continue to blog about your travels still. I really like reading about those too. Can't wait to see what you are doing on this trip.

YAY! to Lisa for saving the day.

Brandon J. Leavitt said...

You need to at least read the pamphlet I gave you on how mankind is adapted specifically to endurance running. You also have to read my book I lent you before you lose interest.

Fred ... said...

So many wonderful things to read and so little time.

Anonymous said...

Heroes would be our vote. We have always told our daughters not to date "animals". :)
From Karin and Rick

Fred ... said...

True, my daughters have brought home the occasional "animal" as well.

Kira said...

I I would have picked read! (Oh Edward!)
p.s. what animal??

Lisa said...

I don't think any of our girls have brought home "animals"!!