Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Activities

It's been a while since I posted an entry so I guess you can assume that I'm having a lot of fun here. This is totally my idea of heaven. I have taken the week of Christmas and the week of New Years off from work, the kids have no school and Ben, Sharly and Alycia are home. Boxing day was Dad and Sarah day. Mom was the only one up when we got up so we decided play each other in Halo. We both really stink so it isn't any fun to play with the others but against each other we're quite evenly matched. That was fun. I do think she beat me more than I beat here. It's quite a thrill to shoot your daughter in the head. We then decided to go to the pool and swim. We got home and Mom and Alycia were going shopping, Alex went to a friends and it was still just Sarah and I. We decided to go make some exchanges and have lunch together. We then went to Old Navy so Sarah could spend Grandma's gift card. She bought a nice top with it.

Some other activities are ping pong challenges with our new ping pong table. Alex is still the reigning champion but I've scored higher on him every single game we play so I'm getting there. Ben is the runner up. I'm playing Sarah in the picture and at least there is one person worse than me.

And then of course there are the regular "Settlers of Catan" competitions. Almost every night Alex, Ben, Peter, myself and usually one or two of Ben's friends get together to play. We usually go until 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning. That does of course make it tough for those who have to work the next day like poor Peter. We have had the occasional guest appearance from Sarah, Amy and Maron (I really hope that is spelled correctly).

Of course during all of this we have been drinking gallons of eggnog and trying to clean up what's left of the turkey and the pie. I think as soon as the last child leaves I'm going back on my low carb regimen.

The best part of it all is that I have another week of this and Brandon will be coming for a day or two.

The sad part is that Ben and Sharly leave tomorrow. It stinks when you have to work.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I wish Alycia and I had gone shopping. We spent over two hours in urgent care!! I did go do some shopping just before Alycia got home from work and got her a suitcase. Oh, and you did spell Maren's name wrong. It has been fun but I'm exhausted!!

Lynn said...

Okay. First of all I want to know what Lisa is talking about! YIKES!

Second, I was going to say....
Now that Christmas is over....I SO want this snow to be gone! I am JEALOUS of the pic you posted. NO SNOW! Fun playing outside! : D

thenaptimebaker said...

I like this.

thenaptimebaker said...

sydney says poor Sarah.

thenaptimebaker said...

Hayley says what did you buy at that whatever store please please please call back to hippo Hayley bye bye grandpa.

thenaptimebaker said...

sydney says poor Sarah.