Monday, December 01, 2008

Christmas

I love Christmas. I love everything about Christmas. I love the food, I love the music, I love it when the family gets together. I love playing games until the wee hours of the morning. I love just sitting and visiting. Most of all, I love how it is a time to remember Christ's birth and everything that he lived and died for. Since Thanksgiving is now over and the kids have headed back to school it is officially the Christmas season. We always used to go and buy our Christmas tree on the Saturday after Thanksgiving but now with kids in college we prefer to visit with them every chance we get so we will go and get a tree this week. I will also be putting up the Christmas lights and decorations.

In honor of Christmas I have changed my background for the season even though I really like my normal background. I think it suites me well. Just to keep in the mood of the season I will also link up to one of my many favorite Christmas songs. I love Mannheim Steamroller so I will start with one of their songs.

Carol of the Bells

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I love Christmas too!

Lynn said...

Fred, I agree. Your regular blog paper IS you. However, I truly like what you did with your background for the season. Very nice!

I think the WHOLE world changes at Christmas time. It's in the air, whether you believe in Christ, Christmas , or any of it at all.

It's like the movie The Grinch who Stole Christmas. You can't stop it. It comes. It comes without packages, boxes, or strings............
I love it. It's the WHOLE reason for the season.

Peter and Mandy said...

I love Mannheim Steamroller!!!! I suggest you try to put a display like that up :)

Ben Leavitt said...

SETTLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!