Monday, December 29, 2008

Working The Earth

What a sad day. I had to go to the bank today and while I was at the mall I decided to stop in and pick up some milk for breakfast. Of course, while I'm there I had to pick up a carton of eggnog and horror of horrors, there was no eggnog. It isn't even New Years yet and they have quit carrying eggnog. How sad.

Today Lisa really wanted me to trim the hedges. I've been so busy it has been many months since they've been done. I knew it was a huge job and I didn't want to start into it but they really needed to be done so I dove in. In spite of the complaining, I really do love working in the dirt. The bushes have humongous thorns but even that didn't detract from the good time I was having. There is a real satisfaction that comes from "working the earth". There were a bunch of dead plants in the hedge that I took out so now the hedge has some gaping holes but I moved some little shoots to fill in the spaces and in a few months I think it will look real nice. If you look in the background in that last picture you can see my dog and you can also see my lemons on my lemon tree. They make excellent lemonade.

It was a beautiful day today and I loved being outside. I also smoked Sarah in a game of ping pong and I almost beat Alex.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Lemon trees? Green grass? Trimming hedges? Sounds like SUMMER at your house! Sounds like heaven! No wonder there is no more eggnog! LOL!
Just teasing....

If you want an egg nog recipe that is great....just take a look at my blog. I will post it. This is LaVeve's famous recipe. You won't need to purchase any ever again.

thenaptimebaker said...

at least you got cleaning the hedge done. from sydney

thenaptimebaker said...

Hayley says eggnog yuck

thenaptimebaker said...

Hayley says have you ever beat uncle Alex in ping pong.

thenaptimebaker said...

Hayley says have you ever beat uncle Alex in ping pong.

thenaptimebaker said...

Hayley says wish I could have ben there never mind.