Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm a Single Parent

The only thing worse than when I have to leave home and go on my frequent trips is when I stay home and Lisa leaves and goes on a trip. I just dropped her off at the airport. She's going up to stay with Kira for a couple of weeks. I guess it is mostly for moral support but she's hoping that she can be useful as they figure out a new schedule for Evan with his physiotherapy and other appointments. I'm now in charge of the kids and their schedules. We'll see how that goes. I hope they get to school when they're supposed to and they had better not be forgetting anything at home because I won't be running forgotten lunches and home work assignments to school like Lisa does. I have to admit that I'm bit jealous. I really wish it were me going to Calgary. In spite of our 80° days and Calgary's high of 35° I'd really like to see Kira and Justin and my little Evan.

Tiffany sent me an email with this really cool video in it. I thought I would share it with you. I guess we always need to keep things in perspective, no matter how big our trials are in this life it is up to us if we're going to be happy and productive or miserable and a burden on others.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Would love to see that video....but it's not there.

Hang in there! You'll be just fine. And so will the kids. Maybe they'll remember things more while she is gone. What's that they say about the "heart growing fonder"? : D

Hope to hear from Lisa while she is here....but between her busy schedule and her real purpose for being up here and my busy schedule of being a single parent....will totally understand if we can't meet up sometime.

Anonymous said...

What a powerful message !!

I had a small problem playing the whole video. I downloaded it to real Player then was able to play it.

Grandpa

Lynn said...

YAY! I thank you for trying the video again. It worked this time. I have seen SO many different interviews and video of this man......POWERFUL! I am still bawling. Each time it's a different aspect of his life and still so profound the words from his mouth.

I sent one of his video's to Donna one time for her to show her handicapped daughter Mikhala when she was down after one of her surgeries.

Thanks for sharing this Fred!

Kira said...

the moral support has been much needed! Thanks for letting us have her for a while!!!! Sorry the blogs have been less frequent!

Lisa said...

This is an amazing video isn't it?