Saturday, January 10, 2009

What a Week!

Wow, what a week. You can tell that I've been busy since I haven't posted once this week. One my first day of my vacation before Christmas I received a text from one of the guys who work for me telling me that he was going to give notice. Of course, since I was out for two weeks his last day was the day before I came back to work. I did go in and talk to him once before he left but I now have all of his work plus my own. He assured me that he was only quitting because it was a good career opportunity for him and not because of anything I did. I am going to be playing major catch up now as I take on his work. Kyocera is going to have a reorganization (ie. layoff) in the next month so there is zero chance of getting him replaced for a while. It has been a very busy week.

Thursday Brandon and Serene flew home from Texas and Friday they came down for the weekend. It was so good to see them. Last night they opened their presents from us. It was a lot of fun watching Sydney open her presents. After being told so often not to rip things apart she was a bit reluctant to open them up but she eventually got into it.

Brandon, Alex and I then played Settlers until about 2:30 AM. I do love that game. This morning the youth had baptisms at the temple. We met at the church at 6:30AM. That was pretty tough after going to bed at 2:30 but hey, tomorrow they all leave and it is going to be very quiet around here. I actually feel pretty good but I sat down for five minutes to read my magazine and I fell right asleep. I think I am going on adrenaline.

Today Alex had a very busy day. Him and a friend of his decided they wanted to coach a youth basketball team in the community league. That game was at 8:00 this morning. After that he refereed some more basketball games until six o'clock when he had his own game.

Alex has always played on the high school basketball team and he could have made the varsity team this year also but he knew if he played on varsity he would spend a lot of time on the bench but if he played on the rec team he would be a star. So Alex coaches a rec team, ref's the rec teams and he plays on a rec team. It keeps him out of trouble on Saturdays. Brandon and I played several songs on Guitar Hero and then Alex came home between games and we played a couple more rounds of Settlers before we all went and watched him play his game of basketball. He is definitely the hero on his team. They won by one basket in the last ten seconds of the game. It was a nail biter. After the game we barbecued some sirloin steaks and they were very good. Now we're going to go watch a movie and we haven't decided yet if we're going to play more settlers afterwards. Church is at 9:00 in the morning this year so we might just go to bed early.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I did wonder what happened to you. : D

Nice to see that you have been quite busy with a lot of fun things....not that your work doubling up is fun.....but your family and their activities are still filling up your calendar.