Wednesday, December 06, 2023

Jack Leavitt

Monday, September 25, 2023

A week ago was Ella’s baptism and this last weekend was Jacks baptism so it was another road trip. We arrived in Mesa late Friday night and we decided since we are near a temple we would catch a 7:00 o'clock session at the Gilbert Temple. We would have preferred the Mesa Temple because it is only minutes from Bens house, but they didn’t have sessions that early.
The baptism was at 10:00 and it was wonderful but very different from Ella's in St George. It is interesting how different Stakes do their baptisms. They had all the kids being baptised in the Chapel and we went and did the baptisms as families.
In St George, they broke the meetings into smaller groups of no more than two families and we each had our own meetings with talks given by family members. They staggered the start times of the meeting so that only one group was at the font at a time.
We then returned to Bens house, changed and headed to a Parkour Gym where we celebrated Jacks birthday. His birthday was in July but I guess this was the best date to do the party.
The Parkour gym was rather amazing and would be any kids paradise. It is basically a huge room full of obstacles that you climb on, climb over or jump over. I would have gone out there myself except I didn’t want to embarrass myself.

After the gym, we headed back to Bens house where they prepared for a taco dinner. Sadly we had to get back to San Diego because I had a Bishopric meeting at 6:45 and Lisa was teaching Relief Society. I could have missed the meeting but it is my week to conduct and I already missed last week.

I had to share this picture of Kira and her crazy hairdoo. Mom said something about it looking like something from a science fiction movie. That is when Kira told us it was based on Rey Skywalker from Star Wars. She told me she did her hair like that because she didn’t have time to wash it. I like it.
--------------------trivia-------------------
There were still mammoths roaming the earth
as the pyramids were being constructed.
---------------------------------------------

No comments: