Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Temple Sealing

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

If a person has already been sealed in the temple and then gets a divorce, they need approval from the first presidency of the church before they can be sealed to another person. This process is often quick, but can sometimes take a very long time. When Brandon and Ally got married, they didn’t want to risk a delay from Salt Lake messing up their plans so they decided to get married civily first (see my 1 Jan 2023 journal entry) and then get sealed later. Well, they just got permission to be sealed to each other. For a number of reasons, they didn’t file the paperwork right away but once they did file the paperwork this came sooner than I had expected.
I know that the letter itself says that copies of the letter should not be kept for “personal record keeping”, but Brandon did share it in a text and I couldn’t help but include a copy here. We are all excited. Brandon and Ally’s original plan was to get sealed here in San Diego, but, since our temple is closed for the forseeable future, and because my Dad has become important to them (see 2022/12/20 Journal entry) they now plan to get sealed in the Cardston Temple in June 2024.

Cardston was my dads temple, he married mom in that temple, Lisa and I got married in that temple and my Dad was the Engineer in the Cardston temple during the time that it was remodelled. Since it is the temple where both Lisa and I were first endowed, we view the Cardston temple as our temple. I do have to admit that after attending and serving in the San Diego temple for forty years it is also our temple but Cardston was first.

I always used to think that the Cardston temple was one of the uglier temples. I mean look at it, it is just a big lump of granite sitting on the prarie but looking at it now I can see the beauty in it. I understand the architec wanted it to blend into and enhance the beauty of the mountains behind it. I think he achieved what he was going for. It is a beautiful temple.
--------------------trivia--------------------
In 1920, 30% of Americans were farmers, today, 
less than 1% of Americans are farmers.
----------------------------------------------

No comments: