Sunday, December 17, 2023

Ring of Fire

Monday, October 16, 2023

I just had a great weekend. I got lots of work done on my yard on Saturday and yesterday was a good day at church and after church. Lisa and I were both quite concerned when they split the ward a few years back but we are both counting our blessings right now. We have a great ward family.

Saturday morning I stopped work at a little after 9:00 to check out the solar eclipse. From San Diego it wouldn’t be a total eclipse but we would still get about 70% occlusion and that was still pretty amazing. I tried to take pictures with my camera through a filter but it is difficult to focus properly through the filter.
People with the proper equipment can get better pictures like this one. Of course, without a telescope we couldn’t see quite this much detail.
This picture is more like what I was able to see.
They call this eclipse a “Ring of Fire” because the moon is further away and so it isn’t big enough to totally block the sun. On April 8, the moon will be much closer to earth and there will be a total solar eclipse. It is also passing right over Brandons house so I have already bought my ticket to go and see it. Saturday evening we had Andrew and Lisa Jones over for dinner. They are moving to Spain soon and we wanted to see them before they leave. Unfortunately we failed to take any pictures but we had a great meal.

--------------------trivia--------------------
The pain you feel from a sunburn is your skin cells 
effectively killing themselves before they mutate into cancer.
-------------------------------------------------

No comments: