Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Dad, Tell Me About the Time…(21)

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

What do you do well in your occupation?

I am not strong in quantum mechanics and the physics of electronics. I understand band gaps, dopants, and quantum wells and what they do, but I don’t know enough about them to come up with new strategies to improve thermoelectric properties.

What I do really well is I take the advancements of other researchers to make better thermoelectric alloys and I build those alloys into better and cheaper modules and systems.

This is a picture of some thermoelectric elements that I made. I developed an ingenious method of contacting to these elements that hasn’t been done anywhere else.
This is perhaps the most durable thermoelectric module in existence. I have two patents on it.

This a wood stove that is used in India to cook on. I added thermoelectrics to it so that it generates electricity while it is cooking. You can see that it is powering a lightbulb in this picture. I can also charge cell phones. It is entirely my design.


--------------------trivia--------------------
Trauma can be inhereted so if you feel more sensitive than most people, it might be because your grandma experienced something horrible. On average, it takes three generations to heal trauma. Assuming it is treated properly and your parents don't retraumatise you. 
------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why were you in India?

Fred ... said...

I wasn't in India but I had a customer in India who manufactured the stoves. I was looking for an excuse to go but I could never justify it.