Friday, July 12, 2024

High Adventure - Day 2

The first two nights (Tuesday and Wednesday) we camped at the Fernwood Campground and took short little hikes in the area. The hikes were amazing.
They had even cut little tunnels so that we could get different views of different beaches.
Of course, when we find water the first thing the boys want to do is get as close as possible to the edge of the water (or the edge of the cliff) as they can. It is still the first thing I want to do.
When we were at this beach, there was a cave that the surf would flow into and out of with a spectacular splash.
I watched it for a while and then decided to video it. I was right near the edge of the water and I see the wave crashing towards the cave and then the wave hits me square in the back.

I keep my wits enough that I refuse to move so I can get a video of this wave all the way into the cave but the splash comes around my body and hits my phone. The water on the screen of my phone ended my video. Bummer.
Our last hike was to McWay Falls. Unfortunately, we couldn’t go down to the falls, but they were stunning.


--------------------trivia--------------------
Historically, the name Big Sur, was derived from that unexplored and un-mapped wilderness area which lays along the coast south of Monterey. It was simply called El Sur Grande, The Big South.
----------------------------------------------

No comments: