Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Bush Lady

July 11 was Abrams birthday and I dedicated my post for that day to him but I can't pass up the opportunity to mention that July 11 was also mine and Lisa's twenty seventh wedding anniversary. What an adventure it has been. It was difficult to imagine way back then what our lives would be like now with six grown kids and even a couple of grandchildren. I love my life and I wouldn't change any of it for anything. I do feel bad though because I don't have a decent picture from our wedding to share and I didn't get a single picture of Lisa and I at Ben's wedding. I'm sure the photographer does but I don't have any of them yet. I had a scout camp this weekend and so Lisa and I celebrated our anniversary Saturday night instead of Friday night. The scout camp was a blast. I really wish I had taken my camera but it was at the beach with the family. We hiked up a trail to the top of this low mountain ridge but from the top where we were you could see the Salton sea to the east and the ocean on the west. We really couldn't see the ocean but supposedly if the day is really clear you can. It would have been a very nice picture. We got home around three in the afternoon and then I showered and cleaned up for our anniversary dinner. We went to this fancy Italian restaurant in Del Mar and then the plan was to go to a movie afterwards. We were too tired and just came home after dinner. Pretty pathetic don't you think? It was a beautiful dinner and Del Mar is lovely at any time of the day but it was beautiful last night. Today as we pulled in after church I noticed this little bush in front of our house was shaking and suddenly a branch fell to the ground. It really caught me off guard and I was quite confused. We pulled up in front of the bush and I noticed that our neighbor was inside the bush trimming it. If I hadn't seen the branch fall from the bush I don't think I would have ever seen her in it. It was really very funny.

4 comments:

Tiffanie said...

Hey Fred,
That is so fuuny about your neighbor
and the bush! Great picture.

Congrats to you and Lisa!
You two are a lovely couple
and beautiful people. Your
wedding portrait is really sweet.
What a beautiful Bride you are
Lisa!

Lynn said...

LOL! You are a true blogger. Run to get a picture of the bush! That is funny. However, I am confused. You said that bush was in the front of your house......why is the neighbor in your bush trimming it?

Thanks for sharing the gorgeous pics of you and Lisa. Congrats on 27 years! You are an amazing and beautiful couple.

Looks like you are now a family that needs TWO cameras. Missed seeing the pics from your Scout camp.

Fred ... said...

I guess I need to explain the bush. It is right on the border between our two yards. They panted it and take care of it but I water it. Kind of an unspoken agreement.

Kira said...

tell Lynn who the true blogger is dad! I was on the phone with you and told you to take a picture for your blog :-) Happy Anniversary.