Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Canada Day

One hundred and forty one years ago today Canada gained their independence from Great Britain. If we were in Canada we would be celebrating big time. We did all wish each other happy Canada day this morning but the fireworks will have to wait until Friday. Yay, I get a short work week. So, I'll bet many of you are wondering what that first flag is. That is the flag I grew up with. I clearly remember when I was in elementary school we had the Ensign (which is what they called the first flag) and then one day the teacher brought in the new flag with the maple leaf. I think it is a whole lot better than the ensign don't you? I'm pretty much recovered from jet lag now but I never really have much of a problem with jet lag anyway. I still haven't posted a blog for Sunday but I promise I will. That was a forty three hour day so I should have something to talk about. Today and yesterday however I don't have a whole lot to talk about. While I was in China I let Ben use my car since him and Sharley only have one car between them. He was in San Marcos (about fifty miles from here) and blew my radiator. At least he was smart enough to stop driving immediately so he didn't blow my heads as well (Brandon). Lisa called me in China crying (at 2:00AM) and I told her to not have it towed to a garage since I could probably fix it myself. Last night Alex, Sarah and I went out with a five gallon bucket of water and drove it home. Luckily the hole in the radiator was in the top so once I got on the freeway the air kept the water pretty cool and we only had to stop four times. Tonight I mixed up some epoxy which is supposed to be good for two tons so we'll see how that works. I expect I will be shopping around for a used radiator here soon. Tonight for mutual it was a combined activity and we all hiked up to the top of black mountain. It was a beautiful sunset.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I don't ever remember the Ensign so I guess that's the 5 yrs. in age difference. I also hung my little flag sign in the window in honour of Canada Day. The sunset from the top of Black Mountain was beautiful. The fog had started to roll in a bit or we could have seen the ocean. We did see a hot air balloon that looked lower than us. We live in a beautiful place!! Why has it been so long since we hiked up there?

Kira said...

Oh the good ol' times of carrying gallons and gallons of water in my car :-)

Lynn said...

Oh you guys are awesome! Thanks for remembering Canada Day on it's birthday. I do not remember the Ensign, as I was born the same year the present flag was created. 1965. I am as old as the Canadian Flag. So it's NOT that old! : P LOL!