Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Car Wash

Even though not much of excitement has happened this week I want to keep current so I'll give you a brief update of the week.

Monday - I went for my six week check up for my knee surgery. The doctor was totally amazed at my progress. I told him that the only time I felt any pain at all is if I knelt on my knee or squatted all the way to the ground. As I explained this I did a squat and he was amazed. He said, "look at that, you're doing a catchers squat!!". He said I still have a little fluid on the knee and asked me not to start running just yet.

Tuesday - I flew to San Jose to meet with one of our customers who is the second largest defense contractor in the world. We had some good discussions.

Wednesday - Today I spent most of my day writing up a couple of patents that we're trying to get submitted. The problem is that I keep getting side tracked. A big RFP (request for proposals) just came out from the Department of Energy. They are giving out $150M from the "stimulus package" so I'm hoping to get some of my tax dollars back. I think our quantum well technology is a shoe in for this. They're looking for what they call, "transformation technology" and that is definitely what we have.

Tonight was scouts but we had a combined activity. They honored some of the "unsung hero's" in the ward and then washed their cars for them. People like the nursery teachers, music chairman and scout committee chairman. Of course the car wash turned into a major water fight and Sarah was right in the middle of it all. Of course once she was completely drenched she felt it necessary to give me a hug. Here is a picture of her with our bishop.

--------------------trivia--------------------
In the history of the world about 10 billion human beings have been born.
----------------------------------------------

4 comments:

Kira said...

thats a lot of humans!

Lisa said...

I liked your post :)

Lynn said...

Car wash! Great idea!

Congrats on the progress of your knee!

Peter and Mandy said...

Oh that sounds like so much fun. Who is the bishop? I don't recognize him.