Saturday, May 09, 2009

Star Trek Movie

One of my favorite memories from my childhood is coming home from school, making a sandwich, pouring a tall glass of milk and sitting down to watch Star Trek. I loved that show. I grew up and went to school and on a mission and then got married and while I still held those fond memories I never thought much about it until just a few years after I was married when out came Star Trek the Next Generation. Then they started coming so fast I could scarcely keep up, there was Star Trek Deep Space Nine and then Star Trek Voyager. I loved them all and only thanks to the invention of the VCR and now DVR was I able to keep track of them all. I was sad to see them gradually fade away but "Enterprise" kept me going for a few years when very suddenly in 2005 it all ended. I suffered through major withdrawals so today with the new release of the movie Star Trek it was quite an emotional day for me. I woke up this morning to a text message from Mackenzie wishing me a "happy star trek day". How thoughtful of her. I've been on pins and needles all day long in anticipation of tonight. Lisa was so accommodating and let us go out for dinner early. That way I could get in line an hour and a half early so I could get the best seat in the house. And I did, there we were right in the very center of the theater sitting on the second row up in the stadium seating. Pretty much dead center in the screen and what a great show it was. Being the trekkie that I am sure I would have loved pretty much anything but I definitely rate this movie 5 stars. I won't ruin it for any of you who haven't managed to see it yet but I'm sure there has to be a sequel coming and that is just fine for me.

--------------------trivia--------------------
When Captain Kirk kissed lieutenant Ohura in one of the original Star Trek episodes it was the first inter-racial kiss ever seen on television.
---------------------------------------------

3 comments:

KarinC said...

If you gave it that five stars you must be like spock and must have done too much LDS back in the sixties :) I'm a Trekkie too!
Rick and Karin

Lynn said...

: D HAppy Trek Week for sure!

VERY cool trivia today!

Kira said...

I have been thinking about you for 2 weeks ... all the hollywood buzz has been about the movie. I can't wait to see it. You HAVE to check out Joes blog from a couple days ago. You will love it. His blog is listed as "The spanish phrase of the day" on our blog list. I love you dad. Check out his star trek post ... and tell me what you think