Sunday, June 28, 2009

Home Alone

This is very strange for me. I have left the family many times in my life and gone on business trips but for the first time in our twenty seven years of marriage I've been left home alone for more than just a day or two. Several times Lisa has left and I've been home with the kids but this time she took the kids and I'm here by myself. Very weird but in some strange way it is also exciting. So far I haven't really been home alone because Saturday after they all left I had to head into work. I was there until nearly six so I got home just in time to make something to eat, tidy up a few things around the house, throw in a load of laundry, load the dishwasher, watch an episode of Star Trek and then it was off to bed.

This morning I slept in and was late for church. The way the alarm clock works in our family is 1) the alarm goes off, 2) Lisa elbows me and 3) I get up. Unfortunately, with Lisa gone step 2) didn't happen and I slept on. It was unfortunate because I think I missed Dan Tuellers farewell talk. At church Rick Pettit said, "hey, I here you're bach'ing it today". I said, "yes, that is true". Rick said, "you're having dinner at our place. I of course was quick to accept the invitation. It was even better because Rick's brother David and his wife Kim are in town and I got to see them again. They used to live in our ward but they moved to El Paso some time ago. Kim's sister and husband was also there as was Rick's little sister. Barbara Pettits brother Lyle and his wife also came by so it was a full house. The food was very good as well.

Tonight I had a training meeting at the temple at 5:00.

The only other thing of note that has happened was Justina's wedding reception was Friday night at 6:00. It was a very swanky affair at the Rancho Bernardo Inn. Justina and her husband looked very happy and Justina was very beautiful.

4 comments:

Kira said...

gorgeous pictures dad!

Kira said...

where did everyone go??

Fred ... said...

They took Alex up to an orientation class at the U of U.

Lisa said...

I'm sad that you missed Daniel Tueller's farewell talk :( The house looked lovely when I got back with the exception of Blue's knocking stuff off of my tea trolley