Monday, April 28, 2008

Utah

210.5 up 3.5
What a great long weekend. As you could tell from Fridays post, Lisa and I went to Brandon and Serene's graduation at BYU. Brandon will be working for Mark and Dixie this summer so they are flying directly to Alaska meaning we had to move all their stuff (including their car) back to California and store it for the summer. It was quite a feat. Have you ever tried to put six gallons of dirt into a five gallon bucket? That is what I did. I'm kicking myself that I never took a picture of our van. To make it even more exciting, Alycia had her entire life's possessions in Utah with her so had we to bring half of it back with us as well so that her and Ben would have a chance of getting all of their stuff into the car when they come home later this week. Every cubic inch of the van was filled including the passenger seat. I had a huge car top carrier on the van and it was filled. The back of the van rode no more than three inches off the road and I was really worried about the springs. Brandon's car didn't fair much better, the trunk was full to capacity, the back seat was full to capacity and the passengers seat was filled as well. In fact, Lisa got pulled over by a cop on the way home (she had a headlight out) and Lisa looks at the cop and points to the passenger seat and says, "Do I really have to get the registration out of there?" She pointed out that it wasn't her car and she was just moving a student home from school and he let her off with a warning. I think he could tell she was telling him the truth. As you can tell by my weight, I wasn't a good boy this week. I actually ate very responsibly but I REALLY like BYU chocolate milk. It is so good and I probably drank a gallon all by myself. To make it worse, I didn't run either. Other than that I was pretty good. So I guess I fell off the wagon but I'm back on and today I ran and that was tough since it was over 90°F. Lisa's Dad also showed up to surprise Brandon. That was pretty cool and he fell in love with Serene (this was his first time to meet her) and he especially fell in love with their baby. I suppose you all know my kids but just in case, in the picture from left to right is Brandon, Ben, Boyd Shaw and Alycia. So Wednesday we drove to Utah, Thursday was convocation, Friday Brandon walked at 8:00 and Serene walked at 5:00, Saturday we loaded up the van, drove to Ephraim and loaded up the car and the car top carrier and then drove to St George. Before we left Ephraim, Lisa and Alycia went to a movie while Ben and I went and killed clay pigeons with his shot gun. That was quite fun. Since we were both quite sleep deprived we slept in Sunday morning and then drove the rest of the way home. That isn't much fun driving two vehicles but we both had cell phones and we kept each other awake. Today was back to the grind.

4 comments:

Kira said...

I am sooo jealous!!! I wish I could have been there.

Tiffanie said...

Hey Fred,

Everything sounds so exciting! I love how amongst all the chaos you always manage to squeeze in a little fun (good times). How fortunate the kids are to have yours and Lisa's support! You are great parent's and have a wonderful family! I always enjoy reading about the latest adventures in the Leavitt household.

Lynn said...

You two are AWESOME parents. I can just picture the loaded vehicles now and the cop stopping Lisa. Too funny. Well, I'm sure she didn't think it was funny at the time....but I did. : D

Anonymous said...

lol that is really funny!!!!! and you guys are great parents!!!!!!