Wednesday, April 02, 2008

My Newest Daughter

I want to talk about my newest daughter. Her name is Sharley Cotter but on May 31, 2008 her name will be Sharley Leavitt. When our family moved to San Diego in 1992 one of the first families that we became friends with was the Cotter family. When Sarah was born it was Sharley's mother (Jean) that we called to come and watch the kids while Lisa and I went in to have Sarah delivered. I'm sure that Jean couldn't have even imagined then in 1993 that the little seven year old boy running around the house would eventually become her son-in-law. Sharley was born in 1998 and Ben has known her most of his life but Ben was friends with Sharleys brother Taylor so Sharley was just the annoying little sister. It wasn't until last summer after Ben got home from his mission that things changed. Ben and Sharley got to know each other over the summer during young adult activities. If you want to know more about Sharley she is keeping a blog for her and Ben at www.leavittlove.blogspot.com. It is actually Sharley that inspired me to go ahead and start my own blog. If you go to Sharley's blog she has a survey to see what school they should transfer to. You will notice that two schools are in San Diego and two are in Utah. I want all of you to vote for one of the San Diego schools. We want them to be close to home. I love Sharley.

No comments: